Miami Worldcenter Roundup Edition: November & December Events
With fall in full swing and the holidays around the corner, there is no shortage of events and pop-ups happening in November and December in #DowntownMiami. From movie nights to Frost Museum exhibits to spa days to Thanksgiving feasts and more, this guide covers everything you need to tackle your holiday FOMO, even at home. Bookmark, register and signup, so you can stay in the know and be the first to know.
Must-See & Do Events In and Around Downtown:
Arts & Culture: Miami is an art lover’s paradise, home to international art shows, countless galleries, stunning architecture, cutting edge districts, and more.
- 12/11: Catch DDA’s Movie Nights at Maurice A. Ferré Park. This winter, enjoy the movie “ELF” under the Miami skyline at dusk for FREE. Sign up now to reserve a ticket.
- Ongoing: See Nature’s Superheroes at Frost Science Museum. Now open, it’s worth seeing the aquarium, live animals, cool interactive exhibits, and more. Frost Science puts our powers of survival and resilience on full display at its newest production, “Nature’s Superheroes: Life at the Limits.” Book your tickets here, or score free admission with your Miami-Dade library card.
- Ongoing: Watch MOAD’s “The Body Electric” from the Freedom Tower. Now open, MOAD is showing “The Body Electric,” a multidisciplinary exhibition examining humans’ ever-changing relationship with technology. Watch 55 international artists interact through installations, photography and visual media, exploring the digital world’s role in shaping us. Get your tickets here.
- First week of Dec: Experience an Open-Air Art + Fashion Show Alt-B is a socially-distanced street fashion, art + music event that celebrates the vision of the new Flagler Street. Features the Blonds Fashion show.
Health & Wellness: With the year-round sunshine, warm weather, enticing ocean, green spaces and healthy fare, incorporating health & wellness activities into your routine is easy as spelling out y-o-g-a.
- Ongoing: Book a treatment at a Miami spa to relax your mind. Check out Exhale Spa or Spa at Conrad Miami.
- 11/16: The Underline Yoga: Thanksgiving Grateful Flow. Yogis! What could be more fitting as we approach Thanksgiving than a class dedicated to the expression of gratefulness and the foundation of giving thanks? Get calm and practice on at the Brickell City Centre Rooftop, Level 4, Block C, above La Centrale. Book a spot here.
- 11/17: Join an engaging health conversation with Miami Dade College Mental Health Counselors. Join us for a conversation about what is mental health counseling, and myths & misconceptions surrounding mental health. Sign up for the virtual event.
Good Eats: Miami is also a food lover’s paradise, offering top-notch, authentic eats. Dig into various cuisines and satisfy all your taste buds no matter what the occasion is at some of these dining spots.
- Ongoing: Dine al-fresco, rooftop-style with a bird’s-eye view.
- Area 31: Still luring the locals with its unparalleled views of Downtown, this highly rated restaurant offers well-priced bites and sips. Reserve a table here.
- The Terrace at EDGE Steak & Bar: On the seventh floor of Four Seasons Hotel Miami, features trellised canopies, lush greenery, floor lanterns, fire pits, comfortable furniture and spectacular views of Biscayne Bay. Reserve a table here.
- Dolores But You Can Call Me Lolita: Located in the heart of Brickell’s financial district, offers a unique selection of International fusion cuisine. Reserve a table.
- 11/25: Enjoy Thanksgiving without having to cook or clean up by dining out at Miami’s best restaurants. This holiday calls for some serious feasting. Here’s where to eat on Thanksgiving when you don’t want to cook.
- Rusty Pelican: Celebrate with exceptional three-course Brunch Menu selections from 10am to 3pm. Or, join us for a seasonal a la carte dinner menu with Thanksgiving Turkey special from 4pm to 9pm. Reserve a table now.
- Truluck’s: Come to Truluck’s where you can get the freshest crab direct from the fisheries. Reserve a table now.
- Balan’s: Executive Chef Justin Brown has prepared a full meal to leave your taste buds satisfied and thankful! Reserve a table now.
- Fleming’s Steakhouse: Celebrate our traditional style Herb-Roasted Turkey 3-course for $49 or adventure beyond with our Filet Mignon or Prime Bone-In Ribeye Thanksgiving 3-course menus instead. Open at 11AM. Book a table now.
Getting Around Safely: There are many ways to get around Downtown Miami, but this fall and winter get around by Metrorail.
- Take the Underline to get around Brickell starting in the fall of 2020. The first phase of the Underline will open this fall in Brickell, with the goal to transform the land below Miami’s Metrorail into a 10-mile linear park, urban trail and public art destination. Watch the video now to learn more.
Virtual Events You Can Experience Anywhere
- 11/14: Watch Jazz Aid Live virtually. Forced to cancel its anticipated all-star jazz series this fall 2020, the botanical garden reimagines it as Virtual JazzAid Live broadcasted from the Banyan Bowl. One night only, the show features Grammy-winning artists and international superstars. Funds raised will go towards nonprofit World Central Kitchen’s efforts to continue feeding vulnerable, pandemic-impacted communities in the U.S. Get your tickets here.
- 11/14: Watch Miami’s New World Symphony at 7:30 on Facebook Live. Watch broadcasted live from The Hard Rock Stadium on Facebook for FREE. Enjoy a show that mixes highlights from previous seasons with live performances, including Michael Tilson Thomas, guest conductors and soloists. Save the date and tune into Facebook live on the 14th.
- 11/15: Catch CultureFest305 virtually. Enjoy the FREE, two-day festival of online performances, workshops, and demonstrations, featuring some of the city’s finest traditional artists, dancers, and musicians, including Cuban fusion dance with Marisol Blanco, Haitian Kompa music with Gabel, a Japanese origami workshop, and a Miami-centric film screening courtesy of O Cinema. Learn more & book your tickets.
- 11/15: The 39th Annual Miami Book Fair Goes virtual. Lockdown or not, the week-long literary celebration isn’t skipping a chapter this year. Watch diverse segments, including experienced Latina authors in conversation with young Latin writers. Book your ticket here.
- 11/19: Watch “North Beach Social” live-stream concert. Free to the public with support from the Miami Beach Cultural Arts Council, Miami-Dade Department of Cultural Affairs and the Florida Department of State Division of Cultural Affairs. Sign up here.
- 12/2-12/6: Miami’s Famed Art Basel & 255 Galleries Go Virtual. Despite Art Basel being canceled this year, visitors can still experience the best of its fashion, music and design at the of premiere of ‘OVR: Miami Beach’. Running December 2-6, 2020, it will feature 255 participating gallery exhibitors and be accompanied by a program of online events, talks and gallery walk-throughs. Get your tickets here.